Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Circuitous



I have figured out how to knit two socks on two circulars (simultaneously). It's not as hard as it looks, but it is a yarn clusterfuck at times. I found an excellent tutorial at the socknitters web site. Once I figured out how to knit one sock on two circulars, it wasn't a huge leap to do two. But the set-up is very difficult, so read through these instructions slowly and carefully. And definitely master the art of one sock on two circulars before you try two. Last night I bought some Koigu in a rainbow colorway, and this is what inspired me to knit the socks simultaneously. I simply have too much Christmas knitting to do them one at a time at this point. I've never worked with Koigu and it feels really nice. I'm not sure about the color (and I'm sure you aren't either because it looks like barf in this photo). It's not my style, but I think it will be good for the recipient of this pair of socks. And it doesn't really look like barf.



And here's my second Clapotis. This is in Auracania Nature Wool, just like my first one, but this is in chocolate brown and is for a Christmas gift. I don't think I'll make this one seven feet long like I did mine. But then again, I might. Sometimes you get going on these things and you can't stop.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Purly Whites said...

Clusterfuck is an excellent way to describe the yarn tangles when knitting two socks on two circs. But is is extremely rewarding to have both socks done at the same time!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home