Saturday, July 16, 2005

Moving Right Along




I finished the first of my Go With the Flow socks and am very pleased. It looks a little chunky right now, but maybe it will snug up after I wash and block it (or when my elephantine ankles shrink back down to normal size after I have this baby). I really like working with the Brown Sheep Wildfoote. It's very nice. I just wish they had colors similar to what they carry in the Lamb's Pride.

Almost immediately after I finished my sock, I re-started the Clapotis scarf in the new blue hand-dyed yarn I bought for it. It's looking very nice and even so far—much better than the other yarn I used. I'm already well into section two. I'm changing the proportions so my version of the scarf is narrower, but I am using smaller yarn on smaller needles than the pattern calls for, so maybe I won't have to make major pattern adjustments. I am checking my width after another repeat of the section two pattern sequence.

Tomorrow I will get started on my second GWTF sock AND the felted ballet slippers in shrimp Cascade 220, so I will then have three projects established when I go into the hospital to have the baby. They're all different levels of difficulty so I can choose what to work on according to my state of dementia.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Purly Whites said...

The sock looks great! I started a pair of these over the weekend, and it seems a bit baggy. I think it's the design.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Papergirl said...

Yes, the design is definitely a little baggy (due to the laciness). I am also knitting these on a half-size bigger needles than the pattern calls for and using completely different yarn, but it's working out better than my Bastille day sock.

10:34 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Very pretty!

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home